Date(s) - May 22, 2020 - May 25, 2020
8:30 am - 7:30 pm
Last fall UU Casper co-adopted Amoco Park, and many UU’s signed up to help! What a great way to give back to the Casper community, and build our connections with our friends at The Table. Thank you! The next opportunity to help out will be during the Platte River Trails Spring Clean Up, which this year is spread over four days, Friday May 22nd through Monday May 25th. Individuals/families who participate can go at any time they choose over this four day period. This is designed to make sure people are social distancing and minimizing their risk of contracting the corona virus.
If you are ill, or if you have any concerns at all about participating in such an outdoor activity, PLEASE DO NOT COME! We each need to make our own decisions about what level of social interaction is right for us, and UU Casper respects your judgment! UU Casper will NOT be designating a specific time/date for UUs to come: again, participants should pick their own times. Participants must also commit to following all CDC and state/county health/safety orders and guidelines.
We are in the process of gathering specifics on what needs to be done at Amoco Park, and we will pass that along to you. Along with trash pick-up, there could also be yard-care activities, like pulling weeds, cleaning out landscaping, raking, etc. (like the tasks we did last fall).
Click on this link to see the rules to keep people safe during the event and to register.
- Supplies will be available at the Tate Pumphouse, 1775 West 1st Street, each morning between 8:30 and 11 am.
- The Platte River Trails registration page (linked above) has a link to a “release of claim” form that all volunteers must print, fill out and sign. You can email it to them, or drop it off at the Tate Pumphouse when you pick up supplies. (If you do not have access to a printer, please call Laura at 307-259-4469 to get a paper copy.)
- Groups who register together (ex. a family group), should be less than ten people.
- Pre-registration is encouraged, but you can register any of the four mornings at Tate Pumphouse starting at 8:30 am.
- When you register, choose “Pumphouse to Overlook” as your section of the Trails.
If you have questions, and to let us know if you are participating, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.