Date(s) - June 12, 2021
11:00 am - 3:00 pm
David Street Station
The UU Casper Social Justice Group is a proud sponsor of 2021 Casper Pride! Come visit us at our booth at the Casper Pride Picnic June 12th at David Street Station 11 am-3 pm. Check out all of the fabulous Pride events at casperpride.com/schedule or Facebook/Casperprideweekend. If you would like to help out with the booth, sign up during Sunday service at UU Casper on June 6th or email email@example.com.
More about Casper Pride from casperpride.com: “Casper Pride is a 501(c)(3) organization dedicated to educating, supporting, encouraging and advocating equality and growth for a supportive and inclusive community. Born out of a desire to organize the longstanding informal pride celebration organized by a dedicated group of volunteers, the local PFLAG chapter set out to develop an established Casper Pride event in 2016. In 2018, Casper Pride became its own entity to better allow each to fulfill their respective missions, while working together to create a more inclusive community. Every June, Casper Pride celebrates Casper Pride Weekend, an event celebrating and honoring the LGBTQI community in Wyoming, past present and future.”
UU Casper is a Welcoming Congregation, recognized by the Unitarian Universalist Association. This means we affirm and include people who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer at every level of congregational life—in worship, in program, and in social occasions—welcoming them as whole people.
As a Welcoming Congregation we have pledged to:
- honor the lives of all people and equally affirm displays of caring and affection without regard for sexual orientation.
- celebrate diversity by using inclusive language and content in worship.
- incorporate an understanding of the experience of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer persons throughout all of our programs, including religious education.
- affirm and celebrate lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer issues and history.
- affirm marriage equality and conduct same-sex weddings.
- advocate for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer people, promoting justice, freedom, and equality in the larger society. We speak out when the rights and dignity of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer people are at stake.