Discussion Forum Sunday: “Acceptance”
Annette Grochowski will lead a discussion forum on the June worship theme “Acceptance.”
A youth RE program and childcare are available during the service. Through June 2018, as part of UU Casper’s Care N Share program, we will be collecting monetary and dog or cat food donations for the Casper Humane Society.
- June Book Club: Animal Dreams, by Barbara Kingsolver June 1, 2018
- May Book Club: Year of Wonders, by Geraldine Brooks April 30, 2018
- 3rd Annual UU Casper Yard Sale set for June 30, 2018! April 25, 2018
- Programming Committee Meeting
- June 17, 2018
- Social Justice Group meeting-brainstorming session!
- June 20, 2018
- Community Event on Casper Mountain: Midsummer's Eve Celebration
- June 21, 2018
- Annual Emerson Walk
- June 23, 2018
- Membership Committee Meeting
- June 24, 2018
Tammy New Member
My arrival at UU Casper was very synchronistic. I had been extremely wounded by the Christian church and unable to set foot in any establishment that remotely resembled a church.
First, I first heard UU mentioned in a book called, “Ahab’s Wife,” by Sena Jeter Naslund. Later, I heard some 15 second commercials about UU Casper on the radio. Then, I was talking to an uncle whom I only have contact with about once a year, and he said, “Maybe you should give a different church a try…”
All of these things combined kept whispering to me, “Unitarian Universalists.” I drove by their building and noticed it didn’t have the word “church” on the sign. Rather it says, “community.” One Sunday I went. That was a year ago. I found a place I belong. It’s truly a community rather than a church. UU Casper is my safe place, a place to heal.