Care N’ Share Sunday: Food for Thought, a Local Solution to Hunger.
Living our UU values means working together to make a difference for the good in our community and our world. Food for Thought representatives and UU Casper Membership Committee members will lead this service, exploring the problem of hunger in our community, what the staff and volunteers of Food for Thought are doing about it, and how we can help. Find out more about Food for Thought at wyomingfoodforthoughtproject.org.
Everyone is encouraged to bring a can of soup to donate to Food for Thought to help fill weekend food bags distributed to school children in Natrona County.
- Care N’ Share Program Kicks Off, benefiting Wyoming Food for Thought Project! October 3, 2017
- Social Justice Group distributes Welcoming Congregation Assessment! October 3, 2017
- October Book Club: A Land More Kind Than Home, by Wiley Cash October 3, 2017
- Social Justice Group Meeting, 3rd Thursday, 7:00 pm
- October 19, 2017
- Community group: Shakespeare Workshops
- October 21, 2017
- Building painting projects
- October 22, 2017
- Building painting project
- October 24, 2017
- Weekly Meditation, led by Buddhist Stuart Mackenzie
- October 24, 2017
Tammy New Member
My arrival at UU Casper was very synchronistic. I had been extremely wounded by the Christian church and unable to set foot in any establishment that remotely resembled a church.
First, I first heard UU mentioned in a book called, “Ahab’s Wife,” by Sena Jeter Naslund. Later, I heard some 15 second commercials about UU Casper on the radio. Then, I was talking to an uncle whom I only have contact with about once a year, and he said, “Maybe you should give a different church a try…”
All of these things combined kept whispering to me, “Unitarian Universalists.” I drove by their building and noticed it didn’t have the word “church” on the sign. Rather it says, “community.” One Sunday I went. That was a year ago. I found a place I belong. It’s truly a community rather than a church. UU Casper is my safe place, a place to heal.