Discussion Forum: “Mindfulness”
Join in this discussion forum Sunday service to explore the theme of mindfulness.
As part of our UU Casper Care N Share Program, everyone is encouraged to bring cereal or household items to services and other UU Casper events through March to donate to Seton House. For suggestions, see the list on the Care N Share table in the sanctuary.
- March Book Club: Go Set a Watchman, by Harper Lee February 28, 2018
- February Book Club: A Simple Murder, by Eleanor Kuhns January 31, 2018
- Our building is available for your event! January 29, 2018
- UU Casper Goal Setting Discussion - You're Invited!
- March 25, 2018
- March Book Club Discussion: Go Set A Watchman, by Harper Lee
- March 26, 2018
- Coffee Talk
- March 27, 2018
- Weekly Meditation, led by Buddhist Stuart Mackenzie
- March 27, 2018
- Community Group Event: Casper Music Teachers Association
- March 30, 2018
Tammy New Member
My arrival at UU Casper was very synchronistic. I had been extremely wounded by the Christian church and unable to set foot in any establishment that remotely resembled a church.
First, I first heard UU mentioned in a book called, “Ahab’s Wife,” by Sena Jeter Naslund. Later, I heard some 15 second commercials about UU Casper on the radio. Then, I was talking to an uncle whom I only have contact with about once a year, and he said, “Maybe you should give a different church a try…”
All of these things combined kept whispering to me, “Unitarian Universalists.” I drove by their building and noticed it didn’t have the word “church” on the sign. Rather it says, “community.” One Sunday I went. That was a year ago. I found a place I belong. It’s truly a community rather than a church. UU Casper is my safe place, a place to heal.